The Proposal


1
It was half past six in my watch,
just an hour prior to what was going to be
the incident of my lifetime."Oh God!"
I cried, "I need Thou to be with me."


Today the world seemed so different,
the people so vivacious. "It's nerves."
I told myself as the air to had an uncanny scent.
All yelling, "You're the one she deserves."


Now I sit opposite her checking and rechecking
the ring in my pocket, my hands trembling.
In wrong direction was the adrenaline flowing.
"Now is the time," I heard a voice in my head. "No hesitating."


Fumbling with the ring I held her hand,
"W..will-y..you-um..marry-me?" I threw it all in a go.
From the look on her face I could guess and
I saw it coming all the way; she said, "No".


She vanished in a blink leaving me in disdain,
It seemed as if I'd lost the biggest battle.
In desperation and shame I yelled her name,
"Triiiing!...Triing!" and i was holding a round metal,
showing thirty past five and all the same,
I had to go through it all once again.

2
This time the world seemed so ordinary,
it was no more an alien territory,
the people so indifferent, God I am curious,
as the air too was so oxygenous.


Confidence filled I sit, awaiting her in anticipation.
There she comes, in heavenly white, God's best creation.
How magnificent, the way she and the white, into each other blend,
although always competing for the beholder's compliment.


"Dear," I began without a hint of ignition,
first was the gear and I had to keep it that way throughout the procession.
"You are the first thing I want to see, when i wake up in the morning.
And the only thing I want to kiss before sleeping.


"Come dear, become this blind man's vision;
minus you life's autumn, whatever be the season.
Become this Da Vinci's Mona Lisa,
I need you to complete my world O Senorita."


"So", I took out the ring, "Will you marry me?" I popped the question.
"May be." She said and I knew no more words could suffice the emotion.
Hand in hand we walked for miles. "No hell!"
I pinched myself just to find all was well.

Comments

Popular Posts