(7) Days Of Autumn



   Life always offers you a pool of choices. All you gotta do is trust your insticts and take that opportunity that would change your life. I did it and all I learnt was that sometimes holding back does help a lot. It was this girl I met more than a week ago-the most beautiful girl I'd ever come across. And in the next seven days, she would make it to the only thing I'd think about for the remainder of my life.

Day 7

     I opened my eyes to a dreary sight of what could only be a hospital room. Even as I battled out of sedation an official came running towards me.
"That girl ... Are you in anyway related?" He asked in panic.
"No. Why?"
"Do you know any of her relatives. We need to contact them?"
"No. What happened? Is she okay?"
"She's seriously injured. If we don't perform a surgery right now, we might lose her."
"So what are you waiting for?"
"Consent from a blood relative. Chances of survival are thin you see. And the surgery is expensive."
"Hey, listen to me!" I almost screamed. "We're engaged. I'll make all the arrangements. JUST GET ON WITH THE SURGERY!"

Day 6

"Hey, you're going too fast." I said even as she throttled way beyond the speed limit.  
"Don't worry. The airbags in here are just like cushions." She looked at me and smiled. And how I loved that smile!
"Hey, WATCH OUT! TREE!" And it was too late.

Day 5

"So I'll just cut to the chase. Marry me." I took out the ring.
"Whoa! Someone's in a hurry. You barely know me."
"I know everything I need to know. So what do you say?"
"Well, Yes! Yes!" She said with wet eyes.

Day 4

"Nice place you've got here." I said as she ushered me into the drawing room of her appartment.
"Yeah."
"What's in there?" I asked pointing towards a locked room.
"It's my office, in case there's an emergency with a patient."
"Well, aren't you a friendly shrink?" I said and she smiled.

Day 3

"It was a great movie, but for a sad ending." I said walking out of the auditorium.
"I like sad endings." She said bluntly.
"I hope it's only the movies you're talking about."
"But, of course."

Day 2

"So what do you do for a living?" I asked
"I feed on people's emotions." She answered.
"So that makes you... er... a psychiatrist."
"Well, they have different names for me out there."
"I like the way put it-feeding on people's emotions."

Day 1

     I was eating my breakfast at this restaurant-just like everyday. I was getting late for work. Just then a maiden from heaven(apparently) caught my attention sitting at the other table.  She seemed to be waiting for someone. Suddenly, I had an epiphany-I just had to go and talk to her. It just seemed so right. After gathering strength and pep talking myself into it, I approached her.

"Are you waiting for someone?" It just slipped out of my mouth.
"Er, yes."
"And would that by any chance be me?" Did I just say that!
"No. But I could do with some company while I wait." Nailed it!

Day 1(or 8)

     I opened my eyes. It seemed like I was out for quite a while. It was the same hospital room. I tried to catch a sight of another living being to ask about her, but it was not to be-the place was deserted. I opened the door and was shocked at the sight of her appartment. Apparently, I was in her office. It was all a set. Damn, why didn't I see that coming? She gave me all the hints. I guess I was too busy admiring her astute way of putting things. I helped her wipe my own bank account clean. I wonder if my place is anything more than floor, walls and ceiling right now. Well, I brought it on myself. One thing's for sure though-no matter how many times they read this, men will always be men.

Comments

Popular Posts